Monday, April 14, 2008

Al passed out this morning. It was very scary. For some reason, he got up early and decided to take a shower. When he turned the water on, I told him to wait until he had something in his stomach since I knew he was dehydrated. I advised him to lie back down and wait for me, but do you think he listened? I ran downstairs to make him a shake and then I heard this loud crash. I ran upstairs to find him sitting on the bathroom floor falling over. I grabbed the phone to call for an ambulance, but he said to wait. He took a few sips of Gatorade and said he felt better. I yelled at him for attempting to get in the shower! He could have really hurt himself. He did hit his chin, but he says it's not too bad. Rachel wanted to know why Daddy couldn't walk. He insisted on getting that shower, so he sat through it while I waited, basically shaking. I managed to get him downstairs and to the treatment center where they pumped him with fluids and morphine. Thanks to friends, the girls were taken care of so that I could be with him all day. He isn't able to get a whole shake down anymore, so we will probably be going in for fluids until he can drink again. Hopefully, he'll feel better in a week. They told us he should start to feel better 2weeks after treatment ends.

1 comment:

rhondas view said...

i just joined blogspot and wanted to let you know that i'm now 'here' for you too!

we love little rachel- what a sweetie pie!

okay- i'd give al this one 'out' so to speak- but nancy- over rule next time.

love you all!