Monday, February 18, 2008

The first day of treatment is over. It went pretty well. Al removed the thick bandage they put over his port to find some blisters by the tape. Obviously, he is having some kind of allergic reaction. I had the nurses check it out today and they said to just leave it alone for now. The tape can be taken off in a couple of days. The Ethyol shot was given in his stomach. He said it was a little bit itchy tonight. He said the radiation part went well, but it was very loud. His neck is really bothering him. He took a pain pill when we got home and just dozed on the couch until I finally sent him up to bed around 6:00. I don't know if that pain pill made him this tired. It could be a combination of that and the other pills he took earlier today. He has to take an anti histamine along with anti nausea medication prior to the Ethyol shot. Plus, he said his neck bothered him all night and he couldn't sleep well. He is still eating well, so that is good. Thanks to Rachel's teachers, we had a wonderful dinner and a yummy desert. That is a big help to me since I would not have felt like cooking after a day like today. Actually, I couldn't have prepared a meal that good on my own anyway! The dentist called back and said they will call in a prescription for some fluoride treatment. It's a good thing I read other peoples' blogs to know enough to ask for it. I should get some sleep now too. Oh, I need to make sure Al puts the aloe vera gel and cream (RadiaPlex) on his neck again.

1 comment:

Deltavictor said...

Nancy,
Keep up the positive attitude, and give yourself some time to breathe as well. You both will get through this by taking it one day at a time. Our prayer and thoughts are with you.

Marjie and Dave Vigal
Chesapeake, VA