Saturday, February 16, 2008

Not much going on today. Al should be home from work soon. The girls and I stayed at home all day and enjoyed the rain. They were happy to watch a movie and eat popcorn. The hospital called to check on Al. The nurse seemed surprised that he didn't touch the pain medicine and went to work first thing this morning. He is tough, that's for sure. I didn't tell her that he insisted on driving yesterday even though they told him not to drive for a day! He made me take him back to the hospital to pick up his car. I'm pretty restless today as we get closer to his treatment starting. I've been looking for stuff to munch on all day. I could hardly eat at all after the initial diagnosis. Don't know what that's about. I'm so afraid I won't know what to do if he has a bad reaction to something. There are so many possible side effects to everything. I want to make sure he is comfortable throughout this process. I'm usually a pretty good nurse, but I've never had to deal with cancer.

No comments: