Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yesterday's treatment went very well. Al's son came in the other night, so he is back at the treatment center with him this morning. It's a good little break for me, even though I really don't want to miss out on anything. I haven't really wanted to let Al out of my sight since the diagnosis. But, I know that's not healthy. He hasn't had any nausea so far. He ate well and then napped for a little bit, but got up to work on the computer and play some chess. He had the nerve to yell at me about throwing away the rest of the wine! He said he was feeling well enough for a little glass. I don't think so. He did later apologize after coming to his senses. I did have to set him straight and let him know that he needs to be proactive in this fight. I can't be a constant nag and tell him to drink, eat, take his medicine, apply lotions and rinse his mouth. I think it sunk in because he has started doing these things on his own. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't still nag. Thanks again to Rachel's teachers; we had a great meal along with a yummy desert. It feels so good to have this support. Al keeps telling me to let everyone know how much we appreciate everything.

No comments: