Sunday, February 17, 2008

Today is Sunday. It all starts tomorrow. I'm restless, nervous, anxious, agitated and scared. Al is engrossed in the Discovery channel, watching something about penguins. I better get used to this channel. I talked to the girls today about what it means to be considerate. They made him some get well cards yesterday, so I think some of this is sinking in for them too. All they really know is that he had to have surgery to put something in his chest (port) that the doctors will use to give him medicine. I told them that I will be taking Daddy to the doctor every day for the next couple of months and some of the medicine will make him very sick. He may throw up and he will be very tired. His throat is going to hurt and he has to rest his voice. Al let them feel the bump on his neck and explained that the doctors are going to get rid of it. Brooke wanted to know how medicine can make you sick. Good question. I reminded her how the antibiotics she had to take for a recent ear infection upset her tummy, but it also made the infection go away. Rachel said this all means they can't jump on Daddy and get piggy back rides for a while. Other than that, they are excited that they will get to go home with friends when I can't pick them up. Also, they are looking forward to seeing their aunt next week. I am also happy that my big sister will be here for us, even if it is only for a day or two. The kids also know that we all will be washing our hands often. They also like using the "germ juice" or anti-bacterial gel.

No comments: