Thursday, February 28, 2008

I wanted to write yesterday, but was too exhausted. We all went to bed very early last night. Actually, Al went up to bed right after his treatment and didn’t even come downstairs again. I ended up bringing him up some food. I’m not sure if that was good for him because the doctors say he needs to move. I’ll try and get him out for a little walk today. He was a little bit nauseous, but didn’t want to take anything. I told him to take something because that’s what the medicine is for! He is just so stubborn. Let’s hope that helps further into treatment. We did see the radiation oncologist yesterday and she examined him and said that the tumor feels softer and smaller already! That is only after 8 treatments, so it was very encouraging. She also checked to make sure he isn’t getting any rashes from the Ethyol. So far, so good.
I now have something to take my mind off the cancer. Brooke saw the ENT yesterday (same one that diagnosed Al) and he said she needs surgery to remove her adenoids and put tubes in her ears. That should help with the constant congestion that is causing numerous ear infections. The allergy pills and nose spray aren’t working and the allergist couldn’t find any allergies, so it makes sense that the adenoids being too big are what are causing the problems. Its outpatient surgery and she will have to miss a few days of school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your journals and I see how strong you are. I admire your courage the most. You are a role model to me, you're a good wife and a very good mother. I hope AL will recover quickly so you can rest and pamper yourself. I understand where you're coming from. I had my share of struggles in life too and I am happy I overcome. Don't quit. I always pray for you and AL and even David (who questions God's existence) asks me to pray for Al and you. We may be far away but we are family and we're here for you. Be strong. We are sooooo proud of you. May you be blessed with the unconditional love you give to your husband and kids ;-) fave@--